01. Before requesting lyrics, please check my Updates page, album lyrics, artist lyrics, & J-Urban sections to see if I already have it.
02. Please send requests only to my email (firstname.lastname@example.org) because I do not check my guest book or Yahoo group for messages regularly.
03. Please put [REQ] in the subject of your email with the name of the artist and the song or album title. This makes it easy for me to search for your emails if I have to reply back. Also, I sometimes delete emails when the subject is just the word "Hi" (or something like that) without reading it because most of those types of emails tend to be spam. That's why please try to be specific what your email is about in the subject line.
04. I can only do the romaji if I can find the Japanese lyrics (typed out or scanned or provide me with a link) or if I have the album that the song is from--I DO NOT DO LYRICS BY EAR!! Click here for a list of the albums I have that you can request from. (I might have the lyrics, so I'll let you know if I do or not)
05. I also need the song file (mp3) to make sure that my lyrics are accurate. The reason for this is because sometimes singers use a different pronunciation of a word (or even a different word with the same meaning) to fit with the music. Some examples of this are:
明日 (tomorrow), can be sung as "ashita" or "asu"
永遠 (eternity), can be sung as "eien" or "towa"
瞳 (pupil of the eye), can be sung as "hitomi" or "me"
欠片 (fragments), can be sung as "kakera" or "hahen"
私 (I, me), can be sung as "watashi" or "atashi" (depending on the singer's preference)
寂しい/淋しい (lonely), can be sung as "sabishii" or "samishii"
時世 (the times), can be sung as "jisei" or "tokiyo"
~ Sometimes 時 (time) "toki" is sung instead of 時間 (time, hour) "jikan"
~ Sometimes 訳 (reason) "wake" is sung instead of 理由 (reason) "riyuu"
~ Sometimes 過去 (the past) "kako" is sung instead of 昔 (the past) "mukashi"
~ Sometimes 息 (breath) "iki" is sung instead of 呼吸 (breath) "kokyuu"
~ Sometimes 人 (person) "hito" is sung instead of 女 (woman) "onna," 男 (man) "otoko," etc,
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME SONGS BECAUSE THERE IS A CHANCE THAT I ALREADY HAVE IT. IF I DON'T, I'LL LET YOU KNOW.
06. I'm pretty busy so I won't reply to emails unless I absolutely have to (if I can't find the Japanese lyrics, if I need the song, etc). Otherwise, I'll be sure to do the lyrics as soon as I can. ^^ Click here to see if your request got to me.
07. Sometimes I forget to let people know that I'm done with their request, so please sign up for my mailing list below for my lyric updates.